Thursday 27 February 2014

Allegiant

Allegiant

Format: Book
Author: Veronica Roth
Released: October 22, 2013
Certificate: Teens & up
Note: 'Allegiant' is the final book in the 'Divergent' trilogy, but this is a spoiler-free review.

My rating:  

"When offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature – and of herself – while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love." (Extract from amazon.co.uk)

I would like to start this off by saying the 'Divergent' trilogy is one of the best series I have read, so if you have stumbled upon this somehow I highly suggest reading them, especially if you are a fan of 'The Hunger Games', 'Gone', or any other distopian adventures. 

I believe Allegiant is an outstanding end to this series. Veronica Roth delivers, yet again, beautiful writing which gives you every emotion you could possibly think of. This book will make you want to cry, scream, and punch everybody inside the story. But give them justice. They have their reasons.

And, my God, are they reasons. The plot to Allegiant is so cleverly designed - filled with plot twists that will make you gasp in terror and grab your hair in endless frustration. It is packed with non-stop action and devasting heart-break that will leave you feeling bummed out for days (especially if you are an addicted and slightly obsessive fan such as myself). Once again, the characters are written perfectly, and with so much emotion that you feel it yourself at times, wanting to comfort the character in empathy or join them whilst they prepare to destroy everything in anger for the things they hold most dear.

I admit I had slight difficulties breaking into this book, but I am basing it down to the fact I had read the two previous books around a year before, meaning I was slow to remember facts and plots that led into the beginning of Allegiant. I highly suggest re-reading Divergent and Insurgent again before starting this book, or at least a scan through of the plots on Wikipedia to refresh your memory. 

However, I can safely say that without a doubt, Allegiant is an incredible end to an incredible series. Love, loss, and desperation are the main themes that will break your heart and tamper with your emotions as you reach the devasting conclusion of a remarkable final installment to what has been a breath-taking trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment